How to reverse MPesa: Have you ever sent money to the wrong number? We all have. But unlike before, you do not have to worry that your money is now lost. There are ways through which you can make a reversal.
How to reverse MPesa transaction:
- Immediately you realize you sent money to the wrong Safaricom MPESA No, just go to the SMS you received from Safaricom.
- Copy that Transaction Code and create a blank SMS, paste it there and send to the number 456.
- Safaricom will do their best to reverse that transaction.
- Please try reverse immediately so that the wrong MPESA recipient does not withdraw the cash and give Safaricom the headache of trying to withdraw the cash from another transaction.
Reverse Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill
To reverse a Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill, you have to contact the merchant directly and request for the reversal.If you do not have the merchant number, call Safarciom directory on 191 and ask for the number of the merchant who runs the MPESA PayBill. The business will check the transaction and advice you how soon the M-PESA paybill reversal will be done usually within two days for most businesses.
What You need
- The M-PESA transaction id
- Time you send the money on MPESA
- Your ID number
- Your full names
There are several ways to initiate the reversal process
Sms the word ‘reverse’ to 234 or 100
Then forward the transaction sms received from M-PESA to the number 234
Call the numbers 234 or 100
Provide the transaction sms received from M-PESA