Controversial radio presenter Andrew Kibe on Tuesday morning announced that he had quit Kiss Fm. The presenter was the co-host of the morning show with Kamene Goro.
With speculation that he had been fired to pave the way for popular presenter and comedian Jalang’o, Kibe has come out to offer a claim on why he has left the media house.
The controversial figure now says that he quit due to constant censorship. “I gave my notice three months ago because I was being censored on the content I could put out on national radio,” he said.
He added that he was now focusing on creating content for his digital channels. “On social media, I can put out whatever I want without limitations, things I couldn’t say on the radio,” said Kibe.
He had earlier on Tuesday morning announced his departure via his Twitter account: “It’s been real watu nguyas. I will miss all your nonsense in the morning especially,” he had said.
Andrew Kibe started out as a pastor and later made an attempt at politics. He contested for the Lang’ata parliamentary seat in the 2013 general elections under Musalia Mudavadi’s ANC party. He however became a popular radio figure after joining Kamene Goro at NRG Radio.
Data from GeoPoll shows that the breakfast show by Kamene and Kibe has been gaining audiences and recorded some 716,000 listeners in May 2020. The duo’s breakfast show was ranked sixth overall in the country, and the second most popular English show after sister station Classic FM’s Maina and King’ang’i.