TECNO, a global premium smartphone brand, today announced the launch of its CAMON 19 series & SPARK 9 Series at Ole Sereni Emara Hotel in Nairobi. The event marked the first joint official release of TECNO Mobile Kenya devices.
CAMON 19 Series
The CAMON 19 series is designed for young fashionistas, it is designed to overcome the traditional challenges associated with photography in nighttime and low-light conditions with style, with such features as a 64MP bright night portrait photography technology and the industry’s slimmest 0.98mm bezel. The phone will also feature the RGcolorour filter sensor technology, which adds a white sub-pixel to the existing universal RGB configurations to enable light intake to be enhanced by 30 percent.
Peter Shi, Brand Manager, TECNO Mobile Kenya, said “We’re very proud to introduce the TECNO CAMON series & SPARK 9, we continue to reinforce TECNO’s commitment to exploring more possibilities in the fusion of technology, innovation, and design.”
TECNO CAMON 19 Partnerships
TECNO CAMON 19 recently announced Otile Brown as the brand ambassador who has come in as the Chief Creative Officer for the CAMON 19 Series. Otile’s input in the product was to inspire the designers to create the device. Otile Brown’s inspiration resonates with the brand’s slogan “Stop At Nothing.”
TECNO CAMON 19 recently partnered with 48 Hour Film Project in – Nairobi Chapter. This was a continuation of last year’s partnership with the CAMON 18 series, the film that won last year’s competition had an opportunity to go to the 75th Cannes Film Festival where the team represented the Nairobi Chapter as well TECNO CAMON 19 series.
CAMission is coming back alongside the launch of the CAMON 19 series. This year it will be bigger and better, it will be done in Sub-Saharan Africa. CAMission will focus on Portrait Master and we want this time the participants to focus on telling the African story through their lens. The campaign is to promote African photography and videography using a mobile device and give Africans the opportunity to create their narrative.
The CAMON 19 series will partner with Artcaffe Group to give experience to their existing customers of the new CAMON 19. Consumers of Artcaffe will have an opportunity to experience the True-tone Night Portrait Mode of the CAMON 19 in select outlets. The participating outlets include; Artcaffe Oval, Westminster, Britam & Capital Centre. The campaign will run for a month after the launch of the device.
SPARK 9 Series
The SPARK 9 Series will be dedicated for the Gen Z. Equipped with a 32 MP super clear selfie shooter and trendy reight-angles edge 8.42mm lightweight and slim body, TECNO SPARK 9 Pro brings the users more premium experience to express self-concept and stylish design to let them be on the cutting edge of fashion. SPARK 9 Series will bring the fully upgraded front camera to break the boundary for your self-expression via selfie technology.
Pricing & Availability
The CAMON 19 series will come in three variants CAMON 19, CAMON 19 Pro, and CAMON 19 Pro 5G. The 5G model will be out a month after launch. The prices will be KES 23,499 for CAMON 19, KES 33,799 for CAMON 19 Pro, and KES 41,599 for CAMON 19 Pro 5G. The SPARK 9 series will come in SPARK 9C – KES 15,599, SPARK 9T KES 19,799 & SPARK 9Pro KES 20,899. Visit any TECNO branded shop, Safaricom to get to experience the new device. Order online through MASOKO, JUMIA & KILIMALL.
With the spirit of “Stop At Nothing”, TECNO aims to encourage users to explore unlimited possibilities. TECNO is today’s new generation of smartphone brands with elegant artistic design and contemporary cutting-edge camera technology.
After Sales Policy
- 13 months basic warranty service;
- 12 months extended warranty, Carlcare provides a 12-month extended warranty on top of the 13-month base warranty. In case of failure of product quality, users can enjoy free maintenance service within the warranty period;
- 90 days broken screen protection. If the screen is accidentally damaged within 90 days from the date of purchase, Carlcare will provide the user with a free screen component replacement service. If the screen is broken with other parts are damaged, the other parts are not free of warranty. If the user needs to repair in this case, the network shall charge the material cost and labor fee except for the screen components. Users can only enjoy the free replacement policy for one time, the second or more times screen damage will not enjoy the free replacement service.
- VIP service. Users can enjoy the following privileges at the Carlcare service center ：
- Priority Service: Get the priority service within 5 mins without queue;
- 2 Hours Priority Repair: Get 2 hours of priority repair if spare materials are in stock;
- Free Cleaning Maintenance: Get unlimited free cleaning, disinfection, detection, system update, and software installation service.”