The Central Bank of Kenya has opened the application portal for internship positions 2022/2023.
In line with its mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, the Central Bank of Kenya has been running an Internship Program that seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to Central and Commercial banking operations.
The Internship Program runs for six months after which the candidates are released to pursue opportunities in the job market.
CBKs objective in having this internship I to prepare young people to take up employment opportunities that arise in the banking and financial sector. It is a great opportunity for the young to gain work experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build networks.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Banking, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Kenyan between 21 and 29 years of age.
- Must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation.
- Applicants must provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended.
- Should not have undertaken any other Internship Program or been exposed to work-place experience related to their area of study since graduating.
What to avoid while applying for CBK
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes they make. So take note of the following:
- Apply on time; do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you meet all the necessary requirements
- Take time to cross-check your details before submission.
- The online application is free.
Applicants personal attributes
- Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, focused, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- Should possess high levels of integrity and professionalism.
- Must be computer proficient
Points to note
- Opportunities are available in the following functions; Finance, Research, Banking and Payment Services, Human Resources, Communications, and Legal Services.
- Applicants are requested to note the following important information;
- The Bank will not offer employment after the completion of the Internship Program. However, applicants;
- Who successfully complete the program are allowed to apply for any positions the Bank advertises after
- Completion of the Internship Program.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete the six months’ Internship Program without a break to fully benefit from the objectives of the program.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered; and
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for the CBK internship click this link and apply. The application deadline is August 22, 2022. Application is free.