Former President Uhuru Kenyatta had 22 persons serving in the position of CAS. The current president William Ruto has appointed 50 people. Some of these will be serving in the same office.
Today, David Osiany who was a CAS in the former president’s government has revealed that he will be handing over the dockets he handled alone in the previous government to seven new appointees.
Here’s what Osiany said.
Until November last year, I was honored to serve our country as Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) in the then Ministry of Industrialization, Trade & Enterprise Development where I championed for SMEs growth greatly.
For the last nearly 1 year (Since February 9th), my Cabinet Secretary CS Betty Maina, was appointed to also be the acting CS for Ministry of EAC and Regional Affairs, where I also then automatically joined to deputise her.
This was occasioned by the resignation of the substantive CS (Hon. Adan Mohammed) and CAS (Ken Obura) as they both left office to go and give a stab at political leadership.
Meet the owners of Kenya’s biggest betting platform, Betika
Essentially then, we ran the two ministries for the last year just the two of us, and this was my greatest learning curve: wider portfolio, busier programs and greater lessons.
This therefore means that having been the last in office covering these functions, it will be my pleasure to hand over to the following 7 CASs who have newly been appointed into roles that I was last privileged to hold:
- CAS Evans Kidero – Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment.
- CAS Vincent Kemosi Mogaka – Ministy of Industry, Trade & Investment
- CAS Lilian Cheptoo Tomitom- Ministry of Industr, Trade & Investment
- CAS Margaret Wanjiru – Ministry of Corporatives & MSMEs (Previously a shared function between our ministry and Agriculture, now a stand alone ministry.)
- CAS Amos Chege Mugo – Ministry of Corporatives & MSMEs
- CAS Mwanamaka Mamruki- Ministry of EAC, ASALs & Regional Dev’t
- CAS Rael Chebichii Lelei – Ministry of EAC, ASALs & Regional Dev’t.
Congratulations to all the newly appointed CASs. Make the stint in office about the flag and the people it represents, not about self. Class dismissed.
Did you love the story? You can also share YOUR story and get it published on Bizna Click here to get started.