The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) introduced a new online platform – Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) where you can register and transfer your motor vehicle. NTSA TIMS was launched earlier this year and had initially been available to car dealers.
Follow the following steps on how to register on TIMS to create an account on the Transport Information Management System (TIMS) website by National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA):
- Open your browser and direct it to ntsa.go.ke
- You will be prompted with two subdomain options. The first one is the NTSA index webpage and the second is the TIMS website. Since we are interested in accessing TIMS, chose the second option.
- Alternatively, you can head over to the TIMS website directly via this link tims.ntsa.go.ke
- On this page you will be presented with three options:
You can opt to sign in using ecitizen – Use this method if you have created an account on the ecitizen platform
You can opt to sign in via the TIMS website – Use this method if you have already created an account on the TIMS platform
Visiting NTSA portal for the first time? Here’s how to register on TIMS
Register an account – This option is for the individuals who are visiting the TIMS platform for the very first time. You will need to first create an account before you can be able to access any of the services.
- Clicking on the Register an Account link will direct you to the eRegister An Account page. It is from this page that Individuals, Dealers, Agents, Financial Institutions and Companies register on the platform.
- For personal users click on the Individuals option.
- You will be prompted to input your ID Serial No. Be careful not to input your ID Number as what is required is the Serial Number.
- Next add your PIN Number.
- Next add your Mother’s Maiden Name
- Next add your Occupation and Phone Number
- Then request a verification code by clicking on the button next to the phone number
- Input the code you receive in the verification tab to complete the verification process
- That is all. You are now registered on the TIMS platform.
- Head back to the home page tims.ntsa.go.ke and Sign In
You will now be able to access the following services via the TIMS platform:
- Car registration
- Transfer of car ownership
- Vehicle Inspection
- Online car search
- Change of particulars
- Duplicate logbook application
- Reflective number plate application