KRA Portal: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), is an agency of the government of Kenya that is responsible for the assessment, collection and accounting for all revenues that are due to government, in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
To access the KRA Portal for iTax, CLICK HERE.
The headquarters of the agency are located in Times Tower, on Haile Selassie Avenue, in the central business district of Nairobi, the capital and largest city of Kenya.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1 July 1995. The Authority is charged with collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
To access the KRA main site, CLICK HERE.
The organization is divided into seven major departments, each headed by a commissioner:
- Customs & Border Control Department (C&BC)
- Domestic Taxes Department (DTD)
- Intelligence & Strategic Operations Department (I&SO)
- Investigations & Enforcement Department (I&E)
- Strategy, Innovation & Risk Management Department (SIRM)
- Corporate Support Services Department (CSS)
- Legal Services & Board Coordination Department (LS&BC)
In addition to the seven major departments, the Authority has the following four other departments to harmonize operations and efficiency.
(a) Transformation and Leadership Office
(b) Kenya School of Revenue Administration
(c) Internal Audit Department
(d) Marketing & Communication Department.
To ease tax assessment and collection and to take services closer to the people, the agency maintains six service regions as listed below:
- North Rift Region, which is headquartered in Eldoret
- South Rift Region, which is headquartered in Nakuru.
- Western Region, which is headquartered in Kisumu.
- Southern Region, with headquarters in Mombasa.
- Northern Region, with headquarters in Embu.
- Central Region, which is headquartered in Nyeri.
- Nairobi Region, which is headquartered in Nairobi.