The Ministry of Education, on Wednesday, 17th May, opened the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) portal for 2022 KCSE candidates.
Speaking during the launch at the University of Nairobi, Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu said that qualifying candidates can now apply for education courses in universities, colleges, national polytechnics, and other Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions.
“In line with the Presidential directive, I have today asked KUCCPS to open its portal today to allow all KCSE candidates to start applying for courses they wish to study in universities and TVET institutions,” said Machogu.
According to the CS, government scholarships will only be eligible for students who will join public universities. Those who opt for private universities will only be eligible for Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) loans.
“I wish to reiterate that students who will select courses in Public Universities will be eligible to access both the government scholarships and loans, while those who will select Private Universities will be eligible for government loans only.” He added.
After the placement, the students will be required to contact their respective institutions for joining instructions and guidance on how to apply for government scholarships and loans, which will be issued in accordance with the funding model.
How to Apply/revise
- Log in to kuccps.net
- Register by inserting KCSE index numbers, KCSE year, and a password of your choice.
- Applicants are advised to use their KCSE index numbers or birth certificate numbers as their initial passwords.
- Once logged in, click on the menu link “institutions” to display the programs they have on offer.
- All programs are grouped into wide fields of interest without limiting choices for applicants.
- For degree applicants, the cluster points are displayed per program on the right-most column.
- Only the code is needed for the application.
- Once done click “Application/Revision.”
- You will be directed to a form that shows the level of programs.
- One can review the choice selected or opt to review them.
- Once done, click Apply Now.
Application is open until June 7, 2023.