Kenya University and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has reopened its placement portal for 2021 KCSE candidates to make amendments of their preferred courses at tertiary colleges/ universities. In the notice by KUCCPS, the exercise is expected to run from June 7th to June 14th; 1 week. The high school graduates are required to log in to the placement portal via the KUCCPS website and check the status of their placement on the dashboard.
Candidates who did not get a message from KUCCPS are advised to navigate to the downloads section on the KUCCPS website and check the list of index numbers of applicants who had not yet been placed. Candidates who have not been placed are mandated to revise their courses and if need be make amendments to the choices for degrees or diplomas.
In the announcement by KUCCPS, the placement service emphasizes the need for the revision exercise and urged 2021 candidates not to be left out.
“With any KCSE grade, you can pursue a course of your choice under government sponsorship,” read part of the notice.
Candidates who had not yet applied for courses at their schools now have a second opportunity to apply and get their placements. Only those who apply through the portal and receive their placements will be able to receive government sponsorship in their tenure at universities and colleges.
According to KUCCPS CEO, Mercy Wahome, all 826,807 KCSE candidates will have an opportunity to be placed in higher education institutions. She confirmed that all 145,145 students who scored C+ or higher on the KCSE will be offered government sponsorship at public and private universities. She went on to say that candidates with grades ranging from C to E will be eligible for government sponsorship at Technical and Vocational Education and Training schools (TVETs).
How to review your courses.
- Log in to the portal using your username and password.
- Click on the Applications tab in the upper left-hand corner to check the requirements.
- Alternatively, search for courses by their institutions by clicking on the institution tab.
How to select courses
- Scroll through programs and either add or revise the ones selected in the course bracket.
- To enter your preferred courses, click on the applications or revisions tab on the website and enter the program codes.
- Submit the courses you have selected.