The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has announced 78 non-teaching internship opportunities in nine different departments within its secretariat.
In a statement, the teachers’ employer revealed that these internship opportunities would span for a period of between ten to twelve months, with successful applicants expected to receive a monthly stipend of Sh25,000.
“In line with Government Internship Policy and Guidelines for the Public Service, the Commission intends to offer internship opportunities to qualified youth in various areas of specialization to gain practical work experience which will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career life.” The advert reads in part.
Successful interns will be stationed at TSC headquarters or across its county offices.
The available positions are:
- Finance and Accounts 10 vacancies 12 months:
- Human Resource Management & Development 24 vacancies 10 months
- Information Communication Technology (ICT) 16 vacancies 10 months
- Records Management 16 vacancies 10 months
- Statistician 4 vacancies 10 months
- Corporate Affairs 3 vacancies 10 months
- Supply Chain Management Services 2 vacancies 10 months
- Counsellor 2 vacancies 10 months
- Legal, Labour & Industrial Relations 1 vacancy 10 months.
TSC requires applicants to possess valid personal accident insurance and valid personal medical insurance for the internship’s duration. Other requirements include a bachelor’s degree in the above fields or related fields.
In addition, applicants must be Kenyan youths aged between 21 and 35 years who have completed two years or more after graduation from an accredited and recognized institution.
Interested candidates must also be unemployed graduate degree and diploma holders without previous internship experience in the Public Sector and must provide a Certificate of Good Conduct at the time of engagement.
TSC has urged interested candidates to apply online through the TSC recruitment portal Website: www.tsc.go.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the email address or telephone contacts provided during the application process. The deadline for submitting applications is 11th December 2023.