9. Yvonne Okwara Sh. 200,000 – Sh. 500,000 (Coronavirus pay cut 20-40%)
Yvonne is a media personality whose body of work runs the gamut from powerful interviews, talk shows to news presentation; with experience in radio production, presentation to television content production, interviewing and news anchoring. Yvonne currently works for Royal Media Services after leaving Kenya Television Network, KTN, where she was a Senior Anchor and content producer. She has built a reputation as one of the most thorough journalists in Kenya.
8. Betty Kyalo Sh 180,000-Sh 500,000 (Quit K24 in protest at a Coronavirus pay cut of 50%)
Betty Kyalo is a former news anchor at KTN. Despite the challenges she has faced and public opinion on her marriage life, she still remains on top of her game being among the best news anchors in the country. She is also an entrepreneur; she owns Flaire by Betty, a spa located in Kilimani near Yaya Centre. She left MediaMax’s K24 after a demand that she takes a fifty per cent pay cut.
7. Anne Kiguta Sh 350,000-Sh 600,000 (Coronavirus pay cut 50%)
6. Hussein Muhamed Previously earned ksh 450,000ksh – 1,000,000 ksh (Quit Citizen Tv)
Hussein Mohammed was a senior anchor at Citizen TV of Royal Media Services. He, together with ex-presenter Janet Mbugua Ndichu hosted “The Big Question” news bulletin on Monday’s 9 PM Citizen TV news. He has since quit the media house.
5. Victoria Rubadiri Sh 300,000 – Sh 600,000 (Coronavirus pay cut 20-40%)