How to Buy Kenya Power Tokens: Buying Kenya Power tokens via MPESA or Airtel Money is as simple. You will receive a return SMS that contains the token number which you enter into the prepaid meter.
How to Buy Kenya Power Tokens via Mpesa
Step 1: Go to MPESA menu select “pay bill”
Step 2: Enter the Kenya Power prepaid business number 888880 and press OK
Step 3: Enter the 11 digit pre-payment meter number that you would like to purchase a token for and press OK
Step 4: Enter the amount you wish to purchase electricity token (between KShs. 250 and 35,000) and press OK
Step 5: Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK Confirm that all the details are correct and press OK
Step 6: You will receive a confirmation SMS from MPESA immediately. Kenya Power will then generate a KPLC token number for your meter and send it to you via sms.
How to buy KPLC prepaid token via Airtel money
Step 1: Go To Airtel Menu
Step 2: Choose Money Option
Step 3: Choose the Nickname option & enter MYPOWER
Step 4: Enter amount
Step 5: Confirm transaction
Step 6: Enter the 4 digit password
Step 7: Under reference option enter the full Kenya Power prepaid 11 digit meter number.The customer will receive a confirmation SMS with the following attributes:
1. Transaction ID – which is unique for every transaction.
2. Amount paid
3. KPLC prepaid meter number
4. Customers Airtel balance.
5. You will receive a confirmationSMS from AIRTEL MONEY immediately. Kenya Power will then generate a KPLC token number for your meter and send it to you via sms.
Token Rates: DC (Domestic Consumers)
- A Monthly Fixed Charge of KSh 120.00
- Energy charges of :
– KSh 2.00 per Unit for 0 – 50 Units bought;
– KSh 8.10 per Unit for 51-1,500 Units bought;
– KSh 18.57 per Unit for Units bought above 1,500