This article is a guide on how to transfer money using Co-op Bank’s PesaLink. Using mobile money has become the norm for several Kenyans. mobile money is easy to use and carry around hence its popularity.
In March 2017, the Co-operative Bank of Kenya became the first lender in Kenya to introduce the bank to bank money transfer program dubbed as PesaLink.
This service effectively enabled customers to send money into a Co-operative Bank account instantly from other banks, as well as transfer money from a Co-op account to other banks.
Charges for using PesaLink
Interestingly, the bank enabled Kenyans to transfer as little as Sh. 10 to as much as Sh. 999,999. “The charges have been brought down considerably and will be between Sh. 0 to Sh. 152 depending on the amount transferred,” said the bank.
The PesaLink services are available at all Co-op Kwa Jirani agents, Co-op Bank ATMs, Co-op bank Mobile Banking (MCo-op Cash), and at all Co-op Bank branches. The move to incorporate PesaLink was in line with Co-op Bank’s digital strategy. The strategy has seen the launching of key digital banking tools such as the MCo-op Cash, a mobile app that also provides one of the simplest ways that users can join PesaLink for free.
How to Join PesaLink
To use Pesa Link, dial *667# on your smartphone and you will be given a menu. You can also tap on your MCo-op Cash app and select PesaLink in order to link their Co-op Bank account to their mobile phone number.
The Co-op bank app is available for download on Google Play Store.
Procedure to Transfer Money Using Co-op PesaLink
To get started, go to MCo-op Cash via *667# or the MCo-op Cash app, select PESALINK.
Link your Co-op bank accounts to your mobile number. Linking your accounts is free of charge. Here are all the steps you will need to follow to successfully start enjoying the PesaLink services from your MCo-op Cash mobile app:
- Go to MCo-op Cash app or dial *667# to access MCo-op Cash
- Select ‘PesaLink’ Menu
- Select ‘Link your phone’.
- Select the account number you want to be linked.
- Select ‘yes’ to make the account the primary account.
- A confirmation with details will be displayed on the phone.
- You will then receive an SMS confirmation of the linking
Alternatively, you may start enjoying the PesaLink services by linking your account through the comfort of any of Co-operative Bank’s ATMs that available across the country. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Insert Co-op Bank Visa Card (ATM Card) and input PIN
- Select ‘Other Transactions’
- Select ‘PESALINK’
- Select ‘link phone’
- Input the phone number to be linked.
- Confirm to make the account the primary account.
- You will receive a confirmation message
- Select the option of doing another transaction
- Select the “Primary Account Option” on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Input the phone number to be linked to the account
- Confirm that you wish to make that account the primary account by clicking the Okay button.
- You will then get a confirmation message on the screen that the linking was successful.
Mobile banking like Co-op bank’s PesaLink has made the transaction process for Kenyans easy and simple. Follow Bizna Kenya to know more about Co-oop PesaLink and general Kenyan news.