Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) has announced a fully paid scholarship for poor students who wish to pursue a certificate course in Community Health Nursing.
In a notice on Friday, KMTC said the two-year- scholarships will be offered at KMTC Kapenguria, Kabarnet, Bomet, Loitoktok, Garissa, Kilifi, Kitui and Msambweni campuses starting March 2024.
KMTC CEO Kelly Oluoch said to qualify for the scholarships, candidates should possess a KCSE Mean Grade of C- or equivalent qualifications, a C- in English or Kiswahili, a C- in Biology and a D+ in either Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
In addition, they must be willing to serve in their communities upon graduation.
“Applicants are expected to attach a handwritten essay of not more than 200 words explaining why they feel they deserve the scholarships and the contributions they will make to the community upon graduation,” Oluoch said.
He highly encouraged female candidates to apply for the scholarship noting that successful applicants will receive full scholarships for the duration of the course.
Those interested in the scholarships should send their applications before February 26.
How to apply
- Visit the KMTC admissions page admissions.kmtc.ac.ke
- If you have registered an account, log in using your email and password.
- If you don’t have an account, click on the Register button in the top right-hand corner.
- This will land you to creating an account form.
- Enter your name, email address and password (put a password that you can easily remember)
- Click on the Create Account Button.
- Fill in the online application form step by step until it is duly filled.
- Click on the SUBMIT button.
- You will be provided with the duly filled form to confirm your data.
- Check information accuracy.
- Once you are satisfied that the information is correct, Click save changes 12. On the dashboard, click on the “Apply Beyond Zero Scholarship”
- Fill in the required information and review the Beyond Zero form.
- Print out the duly completed form, attach relevant documents, have it signed and stamped accordingly and send it to the KMTC CEO.